Saturday, February 22, 2014

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies: Move Over, Girl Scouts!

This time of year, many people are addicted to the Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies that are frequently sold by the Girl Scouts.  I believe they have some stiff competition!

 
Bernie - GA
 
"For these Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, I used crunchy peanut butter in the cookies and creamy peanut butter in the filling.  These are over the top rich and decadent." 

 
Missy - MA
 
"For this recipe I used in-store ground peanut butter, unsweetened, natural.  I thought the peanut butter looked a bit dry, so when I mixed the batter together I added one tablespoon of coconut oil to the mixture.  For me, this recipe yielded 24 fairly large cookies.  They puffed a bit more than I would have liked, which caused them to lose a bit of the forked crosshatch detail on the tops.  The flavor fell a bit flat for me but I think it has to do with the peanut butter that I used.  Also, with regards to texture, I was really hoping these cookies would be crispy on the edges and moist, almost chewy on the inside (like the peanut butter cookies of my childhood) but they are not, they are crispy all the way through.  I used creamy peanut butter in the filling mixture.  The filling is tasty, fluffy and it's creamy texture is a nice contrast to the crisp cookies.  I haven't eaten one of the constructed sandwich cookies yet but I have a feeling the filling is going to ooze right out at the first bite due to the crisp cookie texture."
 
 
 
Maria - IL
 
"I was really excited to do this recipe as I had an excess of peanut butter to use up.  This was a very simple and easy recipe to follow.  It seems that 20 minutes is a bit much as some of the cookies got a bit browner than I had intended them to be, so, the next batch I did at 18 minutes and that was just enough!  I decided to kick it up a bit and make two different fillings.  I intended this recipe to be a double batch, but it ended up being a batch of 16 very large cookies!  I ended up using most of the filling anyway which were Nutella and Honey Peanut Butter.  SO GOOD!"

 
Sue - NJ
 
"The cookie jar is full!  Thanks!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment