Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Taste of Spring.. Lemon Poppy Seed Cake

When you think of spring, you can't help but think of lemons with their fresh clean taste on the ever warming days.  Here are the creations for the Lemon Poppy seed Cake..

 
Sue from NJ
 
"My house always smells fantastic when I Bake Like a Beekman --- spring is in the air (although it's still way too cold near me!)  Lemony fresh!"


 
Maria from IL
 
"I love lemons and poppy seeds!  While I have had my share of lemon poppy seed muffins, this was the first recipe for this yummy dessert that I have tried!  Let me say it was interesting to say the least!  Especially with the toasting of the poppy seeds and then the butter and greek yogurt.  Made for interesting mixing for sure!  Sadly, my kids are not fans of lemon, but they tried small pieces anyway.  I followed the recipe exactly, but with one change... I broke out the mini loaf pans and loaf liners to make mini cakes!  They turned out great and they are easy to share too!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment